Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kirovohrad Feb 26Th, 2009


Today it was off to get flowers for Marianna’s caregivers, teachers. So we bought three bunches, one for each caregiver. Then once again it was off to the orphanage to pickup Marianna. We gave the flowers to one of the caregivers and she told us that not many adopting families give them flowers and that she was truly grateful. It was about 10:30am and we had her for the entire day, or at least 7pm. Trust me, every minute counts.

If you haven’t been to Kirovohrad yet, you might not have caught on, that the orphanage is on the outside of town. So there is a lot of back and fourth. Taking a Taxi is the way to go and they don’t charge much compared to American standards, so guess what? We headed back into town and picked up some lunch. After that we wanted to pick up some things for Olga.

Adrienne and I decided that since we had all day with our soon to be daughter, we would take her to the cinema and let her watch Kung Fu Panda (In Russian of course). Just before we went in to see the movie, I got a call from K. He asked me if I had our passports and if we could be ready if he was able to get the last document that they needed for our finale court date. I of course said YES!

This was a Thursday, not Friday, or even Monday as the attorney had stated earlier in the week. K said that he would call us back after three, or four. Well this was great news and we still had time to catch the movie. OK, you have to rent Kung Fu Panda in Russian, especially if you have watched it in English. It’s a blast to see it in a different light.

We nearly made it, but near the end we got the call from K. I don’t think I have ever seen Adrienne move so quickly in my life, as well as myself. We where at the apartment and changed in about 15 minuets. Kate met us outside the apartment and had a cab waiting. Then it was off to the court house to have our adoption approved, our not. Some of you might have seen Marianna’s photo on our Blog. If you have, then you probably guessed. WE HAVE A BEAUIFUL BOUNING NINE YEAR OLD GIRL!!!!!!!!

The court granted us our dreams, but we would have to take her back to the orphanage and let her stay one more night. The paperwork would not be done until tomorrow. We dropped her off at the orphanage a little later that night and let me tell you it was harder than ever before. That night I didn’t sleep and I know Adrienne couldn’t, because I kelp talking to her all night.

I was in shock most of the next morning. I was going to be a PAPA and Adrienne was a MAMA! Really we where dancing around! Marianna was a trooper. They asked her if she wanted to be with a Ukrainian family and she said No, she wanted to be with us. When they granted the adoption, Adrienne started to cry and I had tears in my eyes. You know men don’t cry.

Marianna is so happy. She spends the night at the orphanage and then we will be together always.

Gods speed, AKA Alice, the White Rabbit and the Princess

2 comments: